The Group’s Healthcare division is involved in the provision of tertiary medical services via its subsidiary UM Specialist Centre (UMSC) as well as pharmaceuticals via its subsidiary UM Pharmauji. UMSC is regarded as a leading hospital in Malaysia, differentiated in a highly competitive market by the expertise and experience of its specialist consultants who belong to Universiti Malaya’s renowned Faculty of Medicine.
A multi-disciplinary private hospital with sub-specialist tertiary care, UMSC offers more than 40 major specialties and subspecialties. Currently, UMSC has 99 beds with over 270 consultants, including distinguished professors with subspecialties credentials. At UMSC, our patients are able to access up-to-date technology, services and facilities including Biomedical Imaging, Modalities, CIGMIT, Radiotherapy, and Hybrid Operating Room in a strategic and convenient urban location that enjoys close proximity to affluent neighbourhoods and corporations.
To raise operational excellence, UMSC intends to:
- Adopt technological advances including the new Hospital Information System to enhance automation of processes and drive efficiency.
- Enhance its talent retention programme to address people issues, especially the nursing shortage which affects quality of nursing and overall services.
- Continue improving infrastructure through renovation and refurbishment of wards and facilities, and addition of beds and operating theatres to increase capacity.
- Continue planning for the new purpose-built hospital building to house current and cutting-edge facilities and services.
The planned major expansion drive for UMSC will centre on:
- Positioning UMSC as a One-Stop Health Care Centre of Choice catering to the local and global market.
- Pursuing Local and International Accreditation and Awards that will expedite UMSC’s drive to become a Quaternary Hospital
UMSC will expend continuous effort to improve its customer satisfaction by emphasising:
- Best services by Top Notch Consultants
- A Seamless Patient Journey
- Technology Innovation to improve efficiency and support talent retention
- Improved issues and complaints resolution
- Best quality of service
- Consistency with its brand strategy as a Premier Quaternary Hospital
In the Pharmaceutical segment, the Group plans to position UM Pharma as an integrated end-to end pharmaceutical company that is involved in R&D, commercialisation and distribution.